Prescriptions for Prevention
We would like to thank our partners from the NIEHS funded “P30 Supplement: Environmental Health E-Screener” project that came together to develop the Prescriptions for Prevention. With input and meaningful involvement of our diverse expert panel spanning 5 CECs and 5 PEHSUs across federal Regions 1,2,3, 5, and 9 we were able to bring CEC and PEHSU together to work collaboratively on communication tools that connect CEC resources to health care professionals.
- Our environmental pediatricians and partners created “Prescriptions for Prevention” to provide information for New York families to address common environmental health concerns such as lead, secondhand smoke, mold, and radon.
- The front of each prescription explains simple steps for reducing the exposure. The back of each prescription lists key resources that families can use to help address the concern.
- Please click on the hyperlinks below to download, print, and share the prescriptions in English. Spanish versions are also now available to download.
Click here for Prescriptions customized for New York City.
Rx for Prevention (English)
Rx for Prevention (Español)
- Ann Backus (Harvard University)
- Katrina Korfmacher (University of Rochester)
- Chethan Sarabu (Stanford HIS Fellow)
- Marissa Hauptman (Region 1 PEHSU)
- Marilyn Howarth (University of Pennsylvania)
- Laura Anderko (Region 3 PEHSU)
- Jason Rogers (Sinai App Lab)
- Erin Haynes (Univesity of Kentucky)
- Nicholas Newman (Region 5 PEHSU)
- Mark Miller (Region 9 PEHSU)
- Annemarie Charlesworth (UCSF)
Mount Sinai P30/Region 2 PEHSU/NYSCEHC Partners (Lauren Zajac, Maida Galvez, Perry Sheffield, Deb Nagin, Sophie Balk, Cappy Collins, Sarah Evans, Kate Traub, Jennifer Acevedo, Luz Guel, Michael Ejiogu)